- The definition of aristocratic is someone or something that is part of or similar to royalty or people who believe they are superior in some way.
When someone likes to buy expensive things and enjoy the best of everything it is an example of having aristocratic tastes.
- Aristocratic is defined as a person, place, or thing that is exclusive in its members.
A country club catering only to the rich and famous is an example of an aristocratic business.
- of, characteristic of, or favoring aristocracy as a form of government
- of an aristocracy or upper class
- like or characteristic of an aristocrat: used in either a favorable sense (proud, distinguished, etc.) or an unfavorable (snobbish, haughty, etc.)
(comparative more aristocratic, superlative most aristocratic)
From French aristocratique, from Ancient Greek ἀριστοκρατικός (aristokratikos).