- The definition of sassy is someone or something that is lively, bold and a little feisty.
An example of sassy is a quick witted, clever girl.
- Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
- Lively and spirited; jaunty.
- Stylish; chic: a sassy little hat.
Origin of sassyAlteration of saucy.
(comparative sassier, superlative sassiest)
Variant of sassy bark
- the bark of a leguminous African tree (Erythrophleum guineense) yielding an alkaloid, used as a substitute for digitalis, and a poison used in trial by ordeal
- this treealso called sassywood
Origin of sassy barkprobably of African origin, originally