- The definition of sassy is someone or something that is lively, bold and a little feisty.
An example of sassy is a quick witted, clever girl.
sassy definition by Webster's New World
sassy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective sas·si·er, sas·si·est
- Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
- Lively and spirited; jaunty.
- Stylish; chic: a sassy little hat.
Origin: Alteration of saucy.
- sasˈsi·ly adverb
- sasˈsi·ness noun
noun pl. sas·sies
Origin: Of West African origin; akin to Twi `C-sésé, plane tree, Ewe séséwú, timber tree, and Ga (Niger-Congo language of Ghana) sèsè, kind of tree.
Variant of sassy bark
- the bark of a leguminous African tree (Erythrophleum guineense) yielding an alkaloid, used as a substitute for digitalis, and a poison used in trial by ordeal
- this treealso called sassywoodnoun
Origin: probably of African origin, originally