- having skill; skillful
- having or requiring an ability, as in a particular industrial occupation, gained by special experience or training
The skilled mason is building a concrete block wall.
The definition of skilled is someone with a talent or ability.
An example of a skilled person is an expert stone mason.
- Having or showing skill; expert. See Synonyms at proficient.
- Requiring specialized ability or training: a skilled trade.
(comparative more skilled, superlative most skilled)
From skill (noun)
- Simple past tense and past participle of skill.
See skill (verb)
- He was not jealous of brother friars because of their funds, instruments and materials for copying and their ability as skilled copyists.
- I'm an analyst and skilled technician.
- The fleet was reorganized, military schools were established, and skilled instructors were obtained from Europe.
- You are very skilled at avoidance, you know.
- Started by two brothers, Oshima Katsujiro (art-name Joun) and Oshima Yasutaro (artname ShOkaku), this association secured the services of a number of skilled chisellers of sword-furniture, who had lost their occupation by the abandonment of sword-wearing.