- The definition of well bred is someone who is well-mannered and courteous or who comes from a good family background.
An example of someone who is well bred is a society lady who has learned how to be sophisticated and act properly in public.
well-bred definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- showing good breeding; courteous and considerate
- of good stock: said of animals
well-bred definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of good upbringing; well-mannered and refined.
- Of good breed. Used of animals.