The definition of well bred is someone who is well-mannered and courteous or who comes from a good family background.
An example of someone who is well bred is a society lady who has learned how to be sophisticated and act properly in public.
- showing good breeding; courteous and considerate
- of good stock: said of animals
- Raised to be well-mannered and refined.
- Born to parents considered to be of good stock. Used of animals.
(comparative more wellbred, superlative most wellbred)
- Alternative form of well-bred.