- showing good breeding; courteous and considerate
- of good stock: said of animals
The definition of well bred is someone who is well-mannered and courteous or who comes from a good family background.
An example of someone who is well bred is a society lady who has learned how to be sophisticated and act properly in public.
- Raised to be well-mannered and refined.
- Born to parents considered to be of good stock. Used of animals.
(comparative more wellbred, superlative most wellbred)
- Alternative form of well-bred.
- The most widely replicated Beckham ink is the guardian angel he has inked between his shoulder blades.Those who oppose the idea of a proper, well-bred, English footballer with tattoos of course have made their thoughts known.
- A well-bred Shih Tzu has heavier bones that do not break as easily as some Toys breeds, so the Shih Tzu can usually jump up and down from bedding and furniture without harming itself.
- The Kelly bag is defined by women of high stature, well-bred women who come from money.
- Expect to pay around $500 to $650 for a well-bred, healthy Boxer puppy.
- According to local folks, Barotac Nuevo was famous for its well-bred horses.