Immersion is defined as covering or submerging in something.noun
- An example of immersion is when someone is baptized by being completely dunked under water.
- An example of immersion is when you become completely absorbed in a book and don't look up from reading or pay attention to anything else.
- An example of immersion is when you want to learn Spanish and you go to a special school for a month where only Spanish is spoken.
- an immersing or being immersed
- baptism by immersing
- Astron., Now Rare occultation or eclipse
Origin: LL(Ec) immersio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act or an instance of immersing.b. The condition of being immersed.
- Baptism performed by totally submerging a person in water.
- Astronomy The obscuring of a celestial body by another or by the shadow of another.
immersion - Medical Definition
- The placing of a body under water or other liquid.
- The use of a fluid on a microscope slide in order to exclude air from between the glass slide and the bottom lens.
- immerse verb