- When you become obsessed with knitting, this is an example of a preoccupation with knitting.
- When you become obsessed with knitting, this is an example of when knitting is your new preoccupation.
- a preoccupying or being preoccupied, esp. mentally
- something, as an idea, which preoccupies one
Origin of preoccupationClassical Latin praeoccupatio
- The state of being preoccupied; absorption of the attention or intellect.
- Something that preoccupies or engrosses the mind: Money was their chief preoccupation.
pre- +"Ž occupation