- the act of enteringalso in·gres′sion
- the right or permission to enter
- a place or means of entering; entrance
Origin of ingressMiddle English from Classical Latin ingressus, past participle of ingredi, to step into, enter from in-, into + gradi, to go: see grade
- also in·gres·sion A going in or entering.
- Right or permission to enter.
- A means or place of entering.
Origin of ingressMiddle English ingresse from Latin ingressus from past participle of ingredī to enter in- in ; see in- 2. gradī to step ; see ghredh- in Indo-European roots.
- A surname.
ingress - Computer Definition
ingress - Legal Definition
- The action of entering land or premises.
- Access to land or premises.