(ad mit′'ns, əd-)
- an admitting or being admitted
- permission or right to enter
- Elec. the ratio of effective current to effective voltage in a circuit carrying an alternating current; the reciprocal of impedance, measured in siemens and consisting of conductance and susceptance: symbol, Y
See admittance in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act of admitting or entering.
a. Permission to enter.
Right of entry. See Usage Note at admission
- Symbol Y Electricity The reciprocal of impedance.
Learn more about admittance