A man unscrewed this bottle.
unscrew definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- to remove a screw or screws from
- to remove, detach, or loosen by removing a screw or screws, or by turning
- to remove a threaded top, cover, etc. from (a jar, etc.)
to become unscrewed or admit of being unscrewed
unscrew definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb un·screwed, un·screw·ing, un·screws verb, transitive
- To take out the screw or screws from.
- To loosen, adjust, or remove by rotating.
To become or allow to become unscrewed.