(usually uncountable, plural take outs)
- Alternative spelling of takeout.
(third-person singular simple present takes out, present participle taking out, simple past took out, past participle taken out)
- To remove.
- Please take out the trash before the whole house starts to smell
- To escort someone on a date.
- Let me take you out for dinner
- (idiomatic) To immobilize with force.
- (slang, idiomatic) To kill or destroy.
- To obtain by application by a legal or other official process.
- take out a loan; take out medical insurance;
- take out a membership; take out a patent