- (idiomatic) To withdraw; especially of military forces; to retreat.
- The troops pulled out of the conflict.
- (literally) To use coitus interruptus as a method of birth control.
- With a tremendous groan, he pulled out and ejaculated all over her belly.
- (idiomatic) To remove something from a container.
- He pulled out his gun before she had a chance to scream.
- (idiomatic) To maneuver a vehicle from the side of a road onto the lane.
- When joining a road, you should check for traffic before pulling out.