- to open and remove the packed contents of
- to take from a crate, trunk, etc.
- to remove a pack or load from
- to analyze and explain in detail: to unpack a complex idea
- to remove the contents of a packed trunk, suitcase, etc.
- to admit of being unpacked
See unpack in American Heritage Dictionary 4
, un·packs verb, transitive
- To remove the contents of (a suitcase, for example).
- To remove from a container, from packaging, or from packing.
- To remove a pack from (a pack animal).
To unpack objects from a container.
Learn more about unpack