coming in or about to come in: the incoming tide, the incoming mayor
Origin of incomingMiddle English from incomen, to come in from Old English incuman
- an act or instance of coming in
- [usually pl.] income
- Coming in or about to come in: incoming trains; incoming mail; incoming mortar fire.
- About to assume an office or position: the incoming governor.
- The act of coming in; arrival.
- often incomings Income; revenue.
- The act of coming in; arrival
- (military) a warning that something is coming towards you; especially enemy artillery fire