- an opening in a wall that can be closed by a door; portal
- anything regarded as an opportunity or a means of access
The entranceway to a room, building, or passage.
- He closed the doorway behind him.
- She sprinted down the hall and ducked into the doorway to the stairwell.
- Jenn paused in the doorway of the gym.
- Startled, Bianca turned to face the doorway, recognizing the petite blonde woman who saved her from Dusty's bullet in Talon's garage.
- Cade was standing in the doorway, coffee mug in hand.