- The definition of headroom is the space between your head and something over your head such as a doorway or the top of a vehicle, or the space between a vehicle and bridges or other structures that may be over that vehicle.
The space you have been your head and the car's roof is an example of headroom.
headroom definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- space or clearance overhead, as in a doorway, tunnel, etc.
- the temporary increase in volume or power that a high-fidelity audio component can accommodate without distortion
headroom definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Space above one's head, as in a motor vehicle, above a doorway, or in a tunnel; clearance.
- Electronics Dynamic headroom.
headroom - Computer Definition
Attenuation-to-crosstalk ratio (ACR). See ACR.