- space or clearance overhead, as in a doorway or tunnel or above the seats of an automobile
- the temporary increase in volume or power that a high-fidelity audio component can accommodate without distortion
The definition of headroom is the space between your head and something over your head such as a doorway or the top of a vehicle, or the space between a vehicle and bridges or other structures that may be over that vehicle.
The space you have been your head and the car's roof is an example of headroom.
- Space above one's head, as in a motor vehicle, above a doorway, or in a tunnel; clearance.
- See dynamic headroom.
headroom - Computer Definition
Attenuation-to-crosstalk ratio (ACR). See ACR.
- Concetta Tomei was featured in many off-Broadway productions before moving to Los Angeles and appearing in many successful television productions including China Beach, Max Headroom and Judging Amy.
- Fleeing from hired thugs on a motorcycle, he attempts to drive through the exit as the ramp is being raised, flinging him head first into the dangling warning sign that reads 'Max Headroom 2.3 m'.
- A conversion van with lots of headroom makes an excellent choice, but keep in mind that some people also look for old school buses, bread trucks, and any other large vehicle to make into a camper.
- Since the last thing Carter remembers seeing is the warning sign, the created personna answers to the name 'Max Headroom', and has a mind of its own.
- Max Headroom started life innocently enough, as a supposedly-digital announcer on a music video show on Britain's Channel 4 in 1985.