- a device used to hold a door open at a desired position or prevent it from closing too forcibly or slamming against a wall
- a thin wooden strip affixed to a frame of a doorway, against which the door closes
See doorstop in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A wedge inserted beneath a door to hold it open at a desired position.
- A weight or spring that prevents a door from slamming.
- A rubber-tipped projection attached to a wall to protect it from the impact of an opening door.
Learn more about doorstop