- having to do with ingress
- Gram. inceptive
Origin of ingressiveMedieval Latin ingressivus
- Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
- Grammar Inchoative.
- Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
(comparative more ingressive, superlative most ingressive)
- going or directed inward, entering
- open to entry or examination
- The chances that your internet actions are being watched is low, despite the ingressive nature of the modern internet envioronment.
- (phonetics, of a speech sound) Uttered by drawing air inward through the mouth or nose.
- (geology) descriptive of a source or channel through which water enters or once entered an area.