- Concentration is defined as close mental attention to something.
An example of concentration is a student focusing all of her after school time on a specific research paper.
- The definition of concentration means the amount of ingredients or parts in relation to the other ingredients or parts.
An example of concentration is the amount of salt to water in a saltwater solution.
This student exhibits concentration towards his work.
- a concentrating or being concentrated
- close or fixed attention
- strength or density, as of a solution
- a concentrated substance
Origin of concentrationMedieval Latin concentratio
- a. The act or process of concentrating, especially the fixing of close, undivided attention.b. The condition of being concentrated.
- Something that has been concentrated.
- Chemistry The amount of a specified substance in a unit amount of another substance.
(usually uncountable, plural concentrations)
- The act, process or ability of concentrating; the process of becoming concentrated, or the state of being concentrated.
- A field or course of study on which one focuses, especially as a student in a college or university.
- The proportion of a substance in a whole.
- (chemistry) The amount of solute in a solution measured in suitable units (e.g., parts per million (ppm))
concentration - Computer Definition
In communications, the combining of multiple channels into one.