- Concentration is defined as close mental attention to something.
An example of concentration is a student focusing all of her after school time on a specific research paper.
- The definition of concentration means the amount of ingredients or parts in relation to the other ingredients or parts.
An example of concentration is the amount of salt to water in a saltwater solution.
This student exhibits concentration towards his work.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a concentrating or being concentrated
- close or fixed attention
- strength or density, as of a solution
- a concentrated substance
Origin: Midieval Latin concentratio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act or process of concentrating, especially the fixing of close, undivided attention.b. The condition of being concentrated.
- Something that has been concentrated.
- Chemistry The amount of a specified substance in a unit amount of another substance.
concentration - Computer Definition
In communications, the combining of multiple channels into one.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
concentration - Medical Definition
- An increase of the strength of a pharmaceutical preparation by the extraction, precipitation, and drying of its crude active agent.
- An increase in the strength of a fluid or gas in a mixture by purification, evaporation, or diffusion.
- The amount of a specified substance in a unit amount of another substance.
concentration - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.