- The definition of included is something that comes enclosed.
An example of something included is a sample that goes with each online order.
- Included is defined as enclosed.
An example of included is having put batteries into the box of a new electronic toy.
- enclosed, contained, or involved
- with stamens and pistils wholly contained within the petals, sheath, etc.
- Botany Not protruding beyond a surrounding part, as stamens that do not project from a corolla.
- Mathematics Formed by and between two intersecting straight lines: an included angle.
- simple past tense and past participle of include
Variant of include
transitive verbincluded, including
- to shut up or in; enclose
- to have as part of a whole; contain; comprise: the cost includes taxes
- to consider as part of a whole; take into account; put in a total, category, etc.: to be included as a candidate
Origin of includeMiddle English includen ; from Classical Latin includere ; from in-, in + claudere, to shut, close