- The definition of included is something that comes enclosed.
An example of something included is a sample that goes with each online order.
- Included is defined as enclosed.
An example of included is having put batteries into the box of a new electronic toy.
included definition by Webster's New World
- enclosed, contained, or involved
- with stamens and pistils wholly contained within the petals, sheath, etc.
included definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Botany Not protruding beyond a surrounding part, as stamens that do not project from a corolla.
- Mathematics Formed by and between two intersecting straight lines: an included angle.
Variant of include
- to shut up or in; enclose
- to have as part of a whole; contain; comprise: the cost includes taxes
- to consider as part of a whole; take into account; put in a total, category, etc.: to be included as a candidate
Origin: Middle English includen ; from Classical Latin includere ; from in-, in plush claudere, to shut, close