- Including is defined as containing.
If you invite the whole class, even the kid you do not like, this is an example of when you invite the class including the kid you don't like.
involving, containing, or comprising
- Such as, among which; introducing one or more parts of the group or topic just mentioned.
- All you have to do is to fill in the details, including your name and address and the amount you wish to give.
- (rare, perhaps nonstandard) Introducing a finite clause.
- Present participle of include.
Variant of include
transitive verbincluded, including
- to shut up or in; enclose
- to have as part of a whole; contain; comprise: the cost includes taxes
- to consider as part of a whole; take into account; put in a total, category, etc.: to be included as a candidate
Origin of includeMiddle English includen ; from Classical Latin includere ; from in-, in + claudere, to shut, close