Detailed carving on a piece of furniture.
- Furniture that is hand-carved with lots of beautiful embellishments is an example of furniture that would be described as detailed.
- A description of events that covers every single thing that happened is an example of a detailed description.
The definition of detailed is something that has many intricate and complex decorative features, or something that has many facts and is very specific and careful.
Characterized by abundant use of detail or thoroughness of treatment: a detailed report on tax laws.
(comparative more detailed, superlative most detailed)
- simple past tense and past participle of detail
- She apologized that she would once again need his detailed report now that the body remained missing.
- We recognized her voice but I never said anything but my piece; the detailed tip.
- He detailed his pre-dinner conversation with Paul Dawkins.
- Palacky (1836-1867), contain detailed accounts of the career of King George of Podebrad.
- The first volume contains some French texts, and the second a detailed discussion of the various versions from the pseudo-Callisthenes downwards.