- The definition of allocated is the act of having portioned out something for a certain reason, or to a person or thing.
- An example of allocated is when a farmer planted his cash crops for the year, he had also set aside a spot of land to plant food for his family.
- An example of allocated is when parents had taken a certain amount of money from their child’s allowance each week, and had put it into a savings account.
- Allocated is defined as the act of having set aside something for a certain reason.
An example of having allocated something is when a business worked at setting aside a specific amount of money each month, and were thus able to start a health insurance program for their employees.
Variant of allocate
- to set apart for a specific purpose: to allocate funds for housing
- to distribute in shares or according to a plan; allot
- to fix the location of; locate
Origin: ; from Midieval Latin allocatus, past participle of allocare ; from Classical Latin ad-, to plush locare, to place ; from locus: see locus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.