- The definition of allocation is a process in business and accounting.
An example of allocation is when a company portions out their expenses and attributes a certain amount to each division.
- Allocation means a process in the social welfare system.
An example of allocation is when a Social Services Department takes a potential client and assigns them a specific worker, changing their position to a case.
- Allocation is defined as the act of being portioned out for a certain reason.
An example of allocation is when one refers to how the school fund-raising money is to be used for new computers.
- an allocating or being allocated
- a thing or amount allocated
- The process or procedure for allocating things, especially money or other resources.
- The allocation of new permits is on a first-come, first-served basis.