- Investigation, selection and allocation of land and water resources for acceptable use
- Studies of feasibility
- Formulation of pictorial and written criteria to govern the design and planning of land construction programs
- Review, preparation and analysis of master plans for land usage and development
- Production of overall site plans, landscape grading and landscape drainage plans, irrigation plans, and details of construction
- Specifications, estimates of cost, and reports for the development of land
- Collaboration in bridges, roads and structure designs in respect to the aesthetic and functional requirements for the areas in which they serve
- Negotiation and arrangement for land area projects
- Observation in the field of the actual construction, restoration and maintenance of the land
- An example of landscape architecture is a park with fountains for kids, paths for runners, hedges for borders and drought-resistent native plants.
- An example of landscape architecture is Central Park, the first piece of landscape architecture, which was created in New York City in 1858.
The definition of landscape architecture is the design of outdoor spaces for a special purpose or effect.
Duties of the Landscape Architect
the art or profession of planning or changing the natural scenery of a place for a desired purpose or effect