- without a point
- without meaning, relevance, or force; senseless; inane
- Lacking meaning; senseless: a pointless remark; a pointless coincidence.
- Ineffectual; useless: a pointless effort to prevent discussion of the scandal. See Synonyms at futile.
- Having an end that is not sharp or tapered; having no point: pointless arrows.
- Failing to score a point: a pointless first quarter.
(comparative more pointless, superlative most pointless)
- Having no point or sharp tip; terminating squarely or in a rounded end.
- a pointless sword
- a pointless knife
- Having no prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.
- a pointless remark
- The sequel to the film was even more pointless than the original
- Having no purpose; purposeless; unable to effect an aim.
- Since the decision has already been made, further discussion seems pointless.
- (mathematics) Without points.
- a pointless topology
point + -less