Adding another stuffed toy would be superfluous.
An example of superfluous is a buying a stuffed animal for a child who already has too many stuffed animals.
- being more than is needed, useful, or wanted; surplus; excessive
- not needed; unnecessary; irrelevant: a superfluous remark
- Obs. extravagant; prodigal
Origin of superfluousClassical Latin superfluus from superfluere, to overflow: see super- and fluctuate
Origin of superfluousMiddle English from Old French superflueux from Latin superfluus from superfluere to overflow super- super- fluere to flow ; see bhleu- in Indo-European roots.
- In excess of what is required or sufficient.
- With a full rain suit, carrying an umbrella may be superfluous.