- Vexation is something that causes you to be annoyed or distressed.
An example of vexation is a delayed plane when you have a connection to make.
vexation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a vexing or being vexed
- something that vexes; cause of annoyance or distress
Origin: Middle English vexacion ; from Middle French ; from Classical Latin vexatio
vexation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of annoying, irritating, or vexing.
- The quality or condition of being vexed; annoyance.
- A source of irritation or annoyance.