- The definition of agitation refers to the process of moving something forcefully or violently.
An example of agitation is when a lake is choppy due to wind.
- Agitation is defined as the state of feeling irritated or restless.
An example of someone who is in a state of agitation is a person who is mad at his relative because of something unkind which was said but does not know what to say or do.
- an agitating or being agitated; violent motion or stirring
- emotional disturbance or excitement
- discussion meant to stir up people and produce changes
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin
- agitational adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of agitating or the state of being agitated.
- Extreme emotional disturbance; perturbation.
- The stirring up of public interest in a matter of controversy, such as a political or social issue.
- agˌi·taˈtion·al adjective