- Agitation is defined as the state of feeling irritated or restless.
An example of someone who is in a state of agitation is a person who is mad at his relative because of something unkind which was said but does not know what to say or do.
- The definition of agitation refers to the process of moving something forcefully or violently.
An example of agitation is when a lake is choppy due to wind.
- an agitating or being agitated; violent motion or stirring
- emotional disturbance or excitement
- discussion meant to stir up people and produce changes
Origin of agitationFrench ; from Classical Latin agitatio
- The act of agitating or the state of being agitated.
- Extreme emotional disturbance; perturbation.
- The stirring up of public interest in a matter of controversy, such as a political or social issue.
- The act of agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion.
- After a storm the sea is in agitation.
- A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation.
- She causes great agitation within me.
- Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.
- the antislavery agitation
- labor agitation
- After this conflict pro-independence agitation temporarily died down.
- Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.