- a person who tries to stir up people in support of a cause: often used in an unfavorable sense
- an apparatus for shaking or stirring, as in a washing machine
- One who agitates, especially one who engages in political agitation.
- An apparatus that shakes or stirs, as in a washing machine.
- One who agitates; one who stirs up or excites others; as, political reformers and agitators.
- An implement for shaking or mixing.
- One of a body of men appointed by the army, in Cromwell's time, to look after their interests; called also adjutators.