- one that fights or is inclined to fight
- a prizefighter; pugilist
- a small, fast, highly maneuverable airplane for aerial combat that may be equipped with bombs, rockets, etc.
- One who fights, such as a soldier or boxer.
- A fast, maneuverable combat aircraft used to engage enemy aircraft.
- A pugnacious, unyielding, or determined person.
- A person who fights, a combatant.
- A warrior; fighting soldier.
- A pugnacious, competitive person.
- A class of fixed-wing aircraft whose primary purpose is that of shooting down other aircraft. Some of these (Fighter-Attack or Attack aircraft) also have a secondary purpose of attacking ground targets.
- A boxer or participant in any martial art.
- (video games) A game with a focus on physical combat.