fighter definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- one that fights or is inclined to fight
- a prizefighter; pugilist
- a small, fast, highly maneuverable airplane for aerial combat that may be equipped with bombs, rockets, etc.
fighter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who fights, such as a soldier or boxer.
- A fast, maneuverable combat aircraft used to engage enemy aircraft.
- A pugnacious, unyielding, or determined person.