The definition of a peacemaker is a person who tries to create harmony or make peace.
An example of a peacemaker is a friend who tries to help two friends stop fighting and make up.
One that makes peace, especially by settling disputes.
- Instead of merely acting as dress experts, Kleinfeld consultants are forced to assume the role of family therapist, peacemaker, and fairy godmother.
- He was their elder, the peacemaker, and the executioner.
- He was no longer a peacemaker, but an ardent warmaker.
- During the following years she became known to an increasingly wide circle, especially as a peacemaker, and entered into correspondence with many friends.
- His ambition was to play the role of peacemaker, and his conciliatory policy achieved many successes.