- The definition of a warrior is a person experienced in conflict or battle.
- An example of a warrior is a soldier.
- An example of a warrior is a person who is actively involved in stopping neighborhood drug problems; a neighborhood warrior.
A modern warrior.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Origin: Middle English werreour from Norman French from werrier, to make war from werre, war
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
- One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict: neighborhood warriors fighting against developers.
Origin: Middle English werreour, from Old North French werreieur, from werreier, to make war, from werre, war; see war.