A bag of gold nuggets.
- An example of a nugget is a bit of gold found in a miner's pan.
- An example of a nugget is a small piece of information.
The definition of a nugget is a small chunk of something.
- a lump; esp., a lump of native gold
- something small, as an item of information, that is regarded as valuable
- a small chunk or portion, as of food
Origin of nuggetprobably diminutive of eastern; English dialect, dialectal nug, a lump
- A small, solid lump, especially of gold.
- A small compact portion or unit: nuggets of information.
Origin of nuggetPerhaps diminutive of English dialectal nug, lump.
(countable and uncountable, plural nuggets)