A nice hunk of cheese.
- An example of a hunk is a big chunk of cheese.
- An example of a hunk is George Clooney.
- a large piece, lump, or slice of bread, meat, etc.; chunk
- a sexually attractive man, esp. one who is large and well-built
Origin of hunkFlemish hunke
- Informal A large piece; a chunk: a hunk of fresh bread.
- Slang A physically attractive man, usually with a well-developed physique.
Origin of hunkPerhaps from Flemish hunke, a piece of food.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- a hunk of metal
- (informal) A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- (computing) A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- (US, slang) A honyock.