Big chunks of chocolate in a cookie.
An example of a chunk is a large piece of chocolate in a cookie.
- a short, thick piece, as of meat or wood
- a considerable portion
- a stocky animal, esp. a horse
Origin of chunkfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps chuck
- to form into a chunk or chunks
- to assmble into a group or groups
- A thick mass or piece: a chunk of ice.
- Informal A substantial amount: won quite a chunk of money.
- A strong stocky horse.
verbchunked, chunk·ing, chunks
Origin of chunkPerhaps variant of chuck 2
(third-person singular simple present chunks, present participle chunking, simple past and past participle chunked)
Variant of chuck.