- The definition of discrete is something that is separate or distinct.
An example of discrete is three people standing in line to purchase tickets.
- separate and distinct; not attached to others; unrelated
- made up of distinct parts; discontinuous
- designating or of an electronic circuit having separate transistors, resistors, etc.
Origin: Middle English discret: see discreet
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Constituting a separate thing. See Synonyms at distinct.
- Consisting of unconnected distinct parts.
- Mathematics Defined for a finite or countable set of values; not continuous.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin discrētus, past participle of discernere, to separate; see discern.
- dis·creteˈly adverb
- dis·creteˈness noun
discrete - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
discrete - Medical Definition