- plural form of discrepancy
Discrepancies are defined as inconsistencies or differences.
An example of discrepancies is when a story is told several times, each with a different ending.
- Considerable discrepancies occur in the lists given by different authorities.
- These discrepancies can be reconciled on reference to yet another record bound up with the narratives of the four Italians aforesaid, and of much the same period.
- Discrepancies difficult to account for were found among the estimates of even the best observers.
- Since the limitation of the width of the central band in the image of a luminous line depends upon discrepancies of phase among the secondary waves, and since the discrepancy is greatest for the waves which come from the edges of the aperture, the question arises how far the operation of the central parts of the aperture is advantageous.
- This is shown in the following table (the values are for Ha) Additive relations undoubtedly exist, but many discrepancies occur which may be assigned, as in the case of molecular volumes, to differences in constitution.