- plural form of discrepancy
Discrepancies are defined as inconsistencies or differences.
An example of discrepancies is when a story is told several times, each with a different ending.
- The explanation of these discrepancies in the fundamental constant is not at all clear, but they may be taken as an illustration of the difficulties of manipulation attending the use of this instrument, to which reference has already been made.
- Considerable discrepancies occur in the lists given by different authorities.
- These discrepancies can be reconciled on reference to yet another record bound up with the narratives of the four Italians aforesaid, and of much the same period.
- This is shown in the following table (the values are for Ha) Additive relations undoubtedly exist, but many discrepancies occur which may be assigned, as in the case of molecular volumes, to differences in constitution.
- Many discrepancies have been observed among critics in the different portions of this series of enactments.