- to strike with a resounding blow
- Dialectal to beat or thrash
Origin of whangechoic
- a whanging noise
- a whack or blow
- a thong of leather
- leather for thongs, etc.
Origin of whangaltered ; from Middle English thwang, thong
- A thong or whip of hide or leather.
- a. A lashing blow, as of a whip.b. The sound of such a blow.
- Vulgar Slang The penis.
transitive verbwhanged, whang·ing, whangs
- To beat or whip with a thong.
- To beat with a sharp blow or blows.
Origin of whangDialectal variant of Middle English thong, thwang, thong; see thong.
verbwhanged, whang·ing, whangs
Origin of whangImitative.
(third-person singular simple present whangs, present participle whanging, simple past and past participle whanged)