hung uphung up
- The definition of hung up is being overly concerned about something.
- An example of hung up is someone who can’t stop worrying about something they just heard.
- An example of hung up is someone who can’t stop thinking about their past relationship.
- Hung up means delayed.
An example of hung up is not being able to leave the office because a meeting is running long.
- Delayed; hindered: motorists hung up in traffic.
- also hung-up Anxious; nervous: He got hung up on the details. She was all hung-up before the interview.
- Overly involved or preoccupied: a teenager hung up on the latest fashions.
- Simple past tense and past participle of hang up.