- The definition of a firebrand is a piece of wood on fire, or a person who creates trouble.
- An example of a firebrand is a log that is ablaze.
- An example of a firebrand is a person who gets people excited about joining a cause or making a change.
- a piece of burning wood
- a person who stirs up others to rebellion or strife
- A person who stirs up trouble or kindles a revolt.
- A piece of burning wood.
- An argumentative troublemaker or revolutionary; one who agitates against the current situation.
- The member of the college's Communist League was a firebrand who would launch a sit-in or protest march at a moment's notice.
- A torch or other burning stick with a flame at one end.
- The crowd cheered as a firebrand was tossed on the huge pile of wood to start the traditional homecoming bonfire.