- The definition of a firebrand is a piece of wood on fire, or a person who creates trouble.
- An example of a firebrand is a log that is ablaze.
- An example of a firebrand is a person who gets people excited about joining a cause or making a change.
firebrand definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a piece of burning wood
- a person who stirs up others to rebellion or strife
firebrand definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A person who stirs up trouble or kindles a revolt.
- A piece of burning wood.