- An example of people who are argumentative are news personalities on opinion based television programs.
- An example of an argumentative attitude is a person who always says controversial things just to stir up trouble.
The definition of argumentative is someone or something that is prone to starting disagreements.
- of or containing argument; controversial
- apt to argue; contentious
- Given to arguing; disputatious.
- Of or characterized by argument: an argumentative discourse.
(comparative more argumentative, superlative most argumentative)
- prone to argue or dispute
From argumentat-, stem of Latin argumentari (“to prove, to conclude”) + -ive
argumentative - Legal Definition
Stating facts and suggesting that particular inferences and conclusions can be drawn from them.