- The definition of revolutionary is relating to political or social change.
An example of revolutionary used as an adjective is the "Revolutionary War" which means the war that was fought to free the colonies from Britain's rule.
- A revolutionary is defined as a person who supports political or social change.
An example of a revolutionary is a person who wants to make political or social changes.
- of, characterized by, favoring, or causing a revolution in a government or social system
- bringing about or constituting a great or radical change: a revolutionary design
- ⌂ of or having to do with the American Revolution
- revolving or rotating
- a. often Revolutionary Relating to or being a revolution: revolutionary war; a museum of the Revolutionary era.b. Bringing about or supporting a political or social revolution: revolutionary pamphlets.
- Marked by or resulting in radical change: a revolutionary discovery.
- A militant in the struggle for revolution.
- A supporter of revolutionary principles.
- Of or pertaining to a revolution in government; tending to, or promoting, revolution; as, revolutionary war; revolutionary measures; revolutionary agitators.
- (advertising) pertaining to something that portends of great change; overthrowing a standing mindset
- (sciences) pertaining to something that revolves
confer French rÃ©volutionnaire