- an annoying or being annoyed
- a thing or person that annoys
A person who constantly pries into other people's business is an example of an annoyance.
- The act of annoying or the state of being annoyed.
- A cause of irritation or vexation; a nuisance.
(countable and uncountable, plural annoyances)
Old French anuiance, anoiance, from the verb anuier (“to cause problems”). Compare Modern French ennui
- The reasons for his annoyance are now well known.
- She couldn't help feeling familiar annoyance at him as she turned away from him.
- The dust caused much annoyance whenever there was any wind.
- It ought to be something of an annoyance to him if everybody keeps hounding him to do something he so obviously don't want to do.
- Inexplicable relief overshadowed the usual annoyance at that idea.