The definition of an announcement is a public declaration of something.
Telling your family members that you are expecting a baby is an example of an announcement.
- an announcing or being announced
- something announced
- a written or printed notice: an engraved wedding announcement
- a. The act of making known publicly.b. Something announced.c. A broadcast message, especially a program note or commercial.
- An engraved or printed formal statement or notice, as of a wedding or a relocation.
- An act of announcing, or giving notice.
- He raised his hand to make his announcement and said "Excuse me everyone, I have an announcement to make."
- That which conveys what is announced.
- This announcement was made during the first training session.
- The content which is announced.
- The announcement implied that somebody needed a spare Toshiba charger.
announce + -ment