- The definition of an announcement is a public declaration of something.
Telling your family members that you are expecting a baby is an example of an announcement.
announcement definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an announcing or being announced
- something announced
- a written or printed notice: an engraved wedding announcement
announcement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of making known publicly.b. Something announced.c. A broadcast message, especially a program note or commercial.
- An engraved or printed formal statement or notice, as of a wedding or a relocation.