- The definition of a leaflet is a section of leaf, or a piece of printed paper that is handed out.
- An example of a leaflet is one of the segments of a soybean leaf.
- An example of a leaflet is a promotional flier for a new cafe in town.
A woman reading a leaflet.
leaflet definition by Webster's New World
- one of the divisions of a compound leaf
- a small or young leaf
- a separate sheet of printed matter, often folded but not stitched
leaflet definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One of the segments of a compound leaf.
- A small leaf or leaflike part.
- A printed, usually folded handbill or flier intended for free distribution.
To hand out leaflets.verb, transitive
To hand out leaflets to or in: leafleted the morning commuters; leaflet a neighborhood.
leaflet - Science Definition
A small leaf or leaflike part, especially one of the blades or divisions of a compound leaf.