The definition of a leaflet is a section of leaf, or a piece of printed paper that is handed out.noun
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- An example of a leaflet is one of the segments of a soybean leaf.
- An example of a leaflet is a promotional flier for a new cafe in town.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- one of the divisions of a compound leaf
- a small or young leaf
- a separate sheet of printed matter, often folded but not stitched
transitive verb, intransitive verb leafleted or leafletted, leafleting or leafletting
to distribute leaflets to (people in public places)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One of the segments of a compound leaf.
- A small leaf or leaflike part.
- A printed, usually folded handbill or flier intended for free distribution.
also leaf·lets verb, intransitive
To hand out leaflets. verb, transitive
To hand out leaflets to or in: leafleted the morning commuters; leaflet a neighborhood.
leaflet - Science Definition
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary
A small leaf or leaflike part, especially one of the blades or divisions of a compound leaf.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.