- The definition of a flyer is an alternate spelling for flier meaning someone who flies, or a paper with information that is handed out.
- An example of flyer is a first class passenger traveling by plane to Paris.
- An example of a flyer is a small printed sheet handed out with information about an event.
flyer definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
flyer definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Variant of flier.
Variant of flier
- a person or thing that flies; specif., an aviator
- ☆ a bus, train, etc. that has a fast schedule
- any step in a straight stairway
- ☆ a small circular or handbill widely distributed
- ☆ Informal a risky, sometimes reckless, gamble or speculation, as in the stock market: often in the phrase
Also, esp. for 1, 2, & 5, flyer