- An example of flyer is a first class passenger traveling by plane to Paris.
- An example of a flyer is a small printed sheet handed out with information about an event.
The definition of a flyer is an alternate spelling for flier meaning someone who flies, or a paper with information that is handed out.
Variant of flier.
- A machine that flies.
- Someone who pilots or rides in an airplane.
- A leaflet, often for advertising.
- The part of a spinning machine that twists the thread as it takes it to, and winds it on the bobbin
- (architecture) An arch that connects a flying buttress into the structure it supports.
- (cheerleading) A cheerleader who is airborne for a stunt.
- (firearms) a stray shot away from the group on a target.
- A standard rectangular step of a staircase (as opposed to a winder).
- A female kangaroo; a roo; a doe; a jill.
- A leap or jump.
- A risky investment or other venture.
(third-person singular simple present flyers, present participle flyering, simple past and past participle flyered)
- (intransitive) To distribute flyers (leaflets).
- To distribute flyers in (a location) or to (recipients).
fly + -er
Variant of flier
- a person or thing that flies; specif., an aviator
- ☆ a bus, train, etc. that has a fast schedule
- any step in a straight stairway
- ☆ a small circular or handbill widely distributed
- ☆ Informal a risky, sometimes reckless, gamble or speculation, as in the stock market: often in the phrase
Also, esp. for 1, 2, & 5, flyer