- The definition of circular is round or related to being round.
An example of something circular is a pizza pie.
- Circular is defined as an advertisement that goes out to a lot of people.
An example of a circular is the Penny Saver.
This pizza is circular.
circular definition by Webster's New World
- in the shape of a circle; round
- relating to a circle
- moving in a circle or spiral
- roundabout; circuitous
- designating or of an invalid argument in which the conclusion that is to be proved is assumed in a premise
- intended for circulation among a number of people
Origin: Middle English circulare ; from Classical Latin circularis
circular definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to a circle.
- a. Shaped like or nearly like a circle; round.b. Moving in or forming a circle.
- Circuitous; roundabout: took a circular route to the office.
- Using a premise to prove a conclusion that in turn is used to prove the premise: a circular argument.
- Defining one word in terms of another that is itself defined in terms of the first word.
- Addressed or distributed to a large number of persons.
Origin: Middle English circuler, from Anglo-Norman, from Latin circulāris, from circulus, circle; see circle.
- cirˌcu·larˈi·ty noun
- cirˈcu·lar·ly adverb